Duke Ellington's America. Follow Your Heart Joe Evans. Gil Evans: Out of the Cool. Growing up with jazz: twenty-four musicians talk about their lives and careers. Heroes and Villains. James P. Johnson: A Case of Mistaken Identity. Jazz Masters of the Twenties. Jazz Notes: Interviews Across the Generations. Johnny Dodds.
King Oliver. Marshal Royal: Jazz Survivor. Miles and Me. Quincy Jones: His Life in Music. Teddy Wilson Talks Jazz. That's Got 'Em!
TITLES NEW TO THE RECORDED SOUND RESEARCH CENTER
The Life and Music of Wilbur C. To Be or Not to Bop.
- Contested Belonging: An Indigenous Peoples Struggle for Forest and Identity in Sub-Himalayan Bengal.
- Her Holiday Secret (Mills & Boon Vintage Desire).
- Raising Children on Planet Earth: A Mindful Manual for Parents of Young Children.
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections.
- Pawn Stars-The TV Show Guide.
Vince Guaraldi at the Piano. What Do They Want? The Jazz Life of Dr. Billy Taylor. The Amazing Bud Powell. Madame Jazz: Contemporary Women Instrumentalists.
Ella Fitzgerald. Handful of Keys: Conversations with 30 Jazz Pianists. The Ellington Century. Chicago Jazz: A Cultural History. Jazz Mavericks of the Lone Star State. Keystone Korner: Portrait of a Jazz Club. Making Music Modern: New York in the s. Jazz: The Australian Accent. Ole Brask Photographer. Edward Berger Editor ,. Henry Martin Editor. Dan Morgenstern Editor. Edward Brooks ,.
Henry Martin ,. Lewis Porter.
National Jazz Archive
Thomas P. Hustad ,. Lee Tanner Editor ,. To add more books, click here. Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Rate this book Clear rating 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars.
- Dreams in Transit;
- National Jazz Archive;
- National Jazz Archive!
- 50 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes: 50 Simple and Healthy Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals.
- American Girl On Saturn (Saturn Series Book 1).
- Real Life Christianity.
- Stepping-Stones: A Journey through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne.
Want to Read saving… Error rating book. Jazz People by Dan Morgenstern really liked it 4. For everyone else, the power of this entire collection of performances should be a strong motivation to purchase a copy. Live in Europe also includes a performance recorded in Berlin in tracks , also previously issued, featuring a later version of the All Stars without Teagarden and Hines.
But I miss the added sparks created by his work with Teagarden and Hines.
The sound quality on these performances from Berlin is superb for recordings of this sort. The audio quality of the earlier recordings from Nice is still very acceptable, but perhaps presented with added boost to treble frequencies that seem a bit shrill to some ears. Collectively, these recordings provide an important historical document. To Louis Armstrong, the performances affirmed his role as an internationally celebrated American artist.
To the audience, his visit represented an additional step in return to normalcy in the years following WWII and a powerful reconnection with American culture and values.
- IU News from all eight campuses.
- Narrow Results By;
- The Promise of Schooling: Education in Canada, 1800-1914 (Themes in Canadian History).
- Working for the past, present and future of jazz?
- English - Spanish Dictionary of most common words.
- You Gotta Be.
The performers and audience were truly united in a spirit of joyful celebration. This Dot Time release makes this wonderful music more accessible to those who have not sought the earlier issues on more specialized releases.